Brasenose College: Quincentenary Project
Brasenose College was established in 1509 and has a fine legacy of historic buildings. Modernising and rationalising the social, dining and catering facilities to meet the needs of students, fellows and conference delegates has provided the opportunity to reinstate the historical narrative of the buildings.
The existing Hall and the conversion of the former medieval kitchen will provide dining facilities for students and conference delegates outside term time. Better circulation routes and links will be provided enabling the kitchen facilities to serve both ground and first floor levels. Access for the disabled is also improved by new lifts, resolving the complicated level differences.
A key feature of the design will be a double height pendentive dome that fills a space between two buildings, bringing the exposed external stone elevations of the Old Quad and the Jackson building inside a foyer.